Thursday, September 17, 2009

From The Front Row: Nanette, LC and Me

I felt like Dorothy in the land of Oz.


Ohio-native Nanette Lepore succeeded in her Spring 2010 fashion show to summon a feeling of wearable optimism through a tropical maze of teal blues, sunny yellows, oranges and hot pinks. The swingy dresses, adorable tops and uber-cute shorts came alive in saturated hues and a few khaki colors to tone it down a notch. Floral and striped patterns were artfully mixed together in a playful way to form one colorful rainbow.


Some of the more colorful looks from Nanette Lepore's Spring 2010 collection:



Nanette Lepore and her daughter walk the runway:

I’ve always been a fan of Nanette Lepore gypsy-like spirit. I love that her free-spirited designs are always fun, feminine and flirty. I have always been keen on her jackets, which are always smartly tailored and feature an eye-catching detail. I also love her dresses with their unique color combinations and prints.


Another big Nanette fan is former Hill’s star Lauren Conrad who sat in the front row directly across from where I perched and who looked amazing in a mint green dress by Nanette.



I can’t wait for the pieces to land in stores about February 2010. They were just beautiful and strike the right note when the weather is hot or you’re headed to an island vacation. Which reminds me, I need to figure out where I’m going in two months to celebrate my one-year wedding anniversary...any suggestions?





No comments:

Post a Comment