Monday, May 24, 2010

Eye on Lilac

May is one of most favorite months. The weather is perfect. We celebrate Cinco de Mayo. All the pretty flowers are in full bloom. This is also the time my favorite flowers - the lilac - graces every sidewalk in New York City with their captivating fragrance. Each spring I look forward to seeing them and even though it's only in season a short while, they fill me with such joy as they always brings back so many happy memories.

When I was a child, we had not one, but two lilac trees in our yard and my parents would cut a few of the purple flowers to enjoy inside the house. My love of all things purple color did not wane through my teen years. My entire room was a rainbow of lilacs and lavenders - from the walls to the carpet and all the hanging pillows in between. During my teen years, I would love to wear these colors as eye shadows. Now that I'm grown, I had given up wearing them for more earthy colors. But the color is back in a huge way this Spring and I couldn't be more thrilled.
Arbonne's lilac eyeshadow is mineral-infused and long wearing. Click here to purchase this fabulous eyeshadow.

Purple has been a hot color in fashion the past two seasons. So why not incorporate this pretty hue in your makeup? I'm loving lilac as an eyeshadow. I love the way it compliments my hazel eyes. It's making them appear more bright, more green. And what's more is it's versatile enough color to wear if you have brown eyes as well. If you're a blue-eyed beauty and want to use the lilac eyeshadow, just be sure to keep the rest of your makeup clean and simple. And to my redhead readers, lilac will be amazing on you. Lilac is also great on all skin tones. It just the perfect happy color to have in your collection.

In addition to it's looking great on everyone, it's an easy way to change up your look in the warmer weather. Just add lots of mascara as well as a soft and pretty pink blush and gloss to keep the focus on your eyes.

Are you ready to wear lilac eyeshadow?



6 comments:

  1. oh it looks so pretty! great color-i would probably wear it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lilacs are my favorite too! Jen, I think you've inspired me to take the plunge into purple eyeshadow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love any shade of purple, really!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm always ready to wear any shade of purple...and not only in shadows... =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Pandora styles jewelry has taken the fashion world by storm. The Pandora Charms Cheap jewelry are all leaders in the market. Pandora jewelry can be bought as complete pieces or can be made from the beads available in the market. Many companies nowadays deal in Pandora Girl Charm as well as resale. People can purchase any style they want and create their own charm or necklace. In short, it enables customization of the jewelry item. There are many types of Pandora style beads available. The Pandora glass beads are exquisite in design and colors. The designs range from flowers and animals to zodiac signs and other symbols. Pandora Charm Bracelet Stockists are also available as single or double core or silver plated. The cost of the beads depends on the intricacy of the work on them as well as the metal they are made with.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All You should know About thomas sabo jewelry is actually an expression given to jewelry that may be made from organic materials. Moreover, such a jewelry also characteristics elegant and natural designs. Because virtually everyone has grow to be so concerned in regards to the environment, everyone really wants to go organic. One of the most common supplies employed in organic physique Thomas Sabo are shell, bone, wood and tusk. Unlike other accessories, these materials need additional care and upkeep. Furthermore there are many considerations you need to find out about these materials to be able to preserve your thomas sabo

    ReplyDelete