Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Razzle Dazzle At Ann Taylor

I stopped shopping Ann Taylor when I no longer looked for corporate suits in the mall. But the specialty store chain has undergone a massive makeover over the past year to become more stylish, beyond chic, sophisticated and more on trend. I recently attended a preview for their fall 2010 collection at the swank ACE hotel and was completely dazzled by the clothing chain's smartly tailored, well-made modern pieces that was infused with romantic sensibilities and old-world charm.


While scoping out the fashion crowd and celebrities like Rachel Blison and Mad Men's Christina Hendricks, my heart skipped a beat when I noticed all the beautiful accessories. The opulent pieces included eye-popping Swarovski crystal necklaces, grosgrain ribbon and rhinestone pendants, beaded cocktail rings, leopard print pumps, vintage-inspired booties.


I particularly loved the way the gorgeous pieces were displayed. The accessories were lovingly placed on books and glass cake trays, two of my favorite things.


All of the accessories will complement Ann Taylor's brilliant fall collection. The look celebrate the one-year style anniversary under the direction of head designer Lisa Axelson. Ann Taylor's fall looks includes sleek pencil skirts, classic jackets and feminine dresses in black, neutrals and leopard prints.





Even this sweet puppy got his paws on some jewels. Doesn't he look fabulous?



As a parting gift, Ann Taylor gave guests their own chunky sparkler. It will add a nice playful element to many looks, especially my LBD's and boyfriend tees.


I'm so happy to see Ann Taylor coming back to life. They have always catered to the hard working woman, but they have been hard at work softening their look and making it more appealing to everyone. What do you think of their new accessories. Any that caught your eye? Let me know in the comments.

5 comments:

  1. I loved Ann Taylor suits back in 1990. I can't see myself going back now though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i was an avid ann taylor shopper back in my corporate days as well...the suits fit really well...but they never seemed to change...
    i stepped into an ann taylor after many many years this last christmas...and was pleasantly surprised...especially by all the beautiful baubles...they are still a bit conservative for me...but they have definately made some huge strides...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I'm curious about their new wardrobe looks for fall...have they really changed?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea of a nice sparkly bracelet! We didn't have Ann Taylor in Canada and I'm pretty sure there's none in the UK either, so this is one of those times where I have to say I know *of* it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's interesting for me to read this as I only discovered Ann Taylor a couple of months back. I live in Canada where there is no presence. I have to say, her clothes are gorgeous. Classic and beautifully cut. I have a beautiful long, flowy zipper jacket (with the zipper disguised and off centre) and a few tops. The prices are extremely good through mail order and the colours are fabulous. I was so interested in this post! I can't wait to see all the things you have described.

    ReplyDelete