Monday, February 22, 2010

I'm Your Venus

I don't shave my legs as often as I should during the winter. It's not an issue of me wanting to make any sort of feminine statement. It's more of an issue of always finding myself rushing to get ready and knowing I can always cover my legs with pants, leggings or tights.

Don't get me wrong, I love having my legs feeling smooth as much as my husband does. It makes me feel sexy and confident. But I never had a razor I loved that much that would make shaving become as routine as washing my face.

To shave or not to shave during the winter. Click here to see the photo source.


The issue of shaved legs was recently a subject of national debate when Precious actress Mo'Nique won the Golden Globe for her amazing performance. The blaring headlines were not about her amazing role or her rousing acceptance speech, but for the fact that my cat could use her legs as a scratching post.



Mo'Nique sure didn't shave at the Golden Globes. Click here to see the photo source.

Shaving is a major concern right now since I'm heading south to Florida this weekend and I'm really looking forward to spending some time under hopefully, warmer sunnier skies. But if I want to splish splash around the pool, I clearly need to take some action.

Fortunately for everyone at the pool, I recent attended a product preview at the super chic Crosby Street Hotel and got to take home a loot bag of P&G's latest and greatest lineup of beauty products. I'm especially excited about their new collection of razors, shaving gels and after-shave moisturizers.


P&G's new lineup of razors and shaving creams leave my legs soft and oh-so smoooooth.

I'm one of 40 million who have used the Venus razor since its introduction in 2001 and have generally been pretty pleased with its performance. This older version had three blades and it was supposed to be much better than anything else on the market. I know, it's a razor and, unlike any other beauty product, I generally don't think about it.

Flash ahead to 2010 and the good scientists, biologist and even fragrance experts at P&G are working hard to figure out the best way to make our skin worthy of a goddess. The newest razor,Venus Embrace®, gives an even better shave thanks to five blades that actually adjust individually to stay in contact with your skin and a ribbon of moisture that loops around the oversized head. The razor is finished with a soft-grip handle for no-slip control and comes with a ShowerPod® for convenient in-shower storage. It's a fabulous piece of beauty equipment we all need in our showers. Overall, the razor was easy to use, lightweight and gently glided over all my delicate areas like my ankles, shins and knees.


The new Venus Embrace razor had five blades instead of three for a smooth, clean shave.

I couldn't tell you how often I replace the cartridge on my razor. I just keep on using it until I feel it's not working at its best and the newer cartridge makes the razor feel amazing again. Not sure if that's right or wrong, but that's my general rule.

If you prefer disposable razors, P&G also offers a full line of throw-away razors, also with five blades.

For even greater results, try the SatinCare® Shave Gel and SatinCare® In-Shower Moisturizer. These additions gave my shave an even closer feel and left my skin looking incredibly soft and silky. And the best part, there were no cuts or irritation on my legs or under my arms.

But in a pinch, here's a beauty tip you're going to love. I've coated my legs with a layer of shampoo and then applied another layer of conditioner in lieu of shaving cream. If you get any irritation, just apply a swipe of deodorant.

Another benefit of regular shaving is it helps keep skin healthy by exfoliating old, dry skin. It's also important to use a nourishing shave gel instead of soap or water to minimize irritation and soothe dryness.

All this talk about Venus has humming that totally awesome song from Bananarama that was released in 1986. I'll leave you with their video to sing along. Click here to see it.

Yeah! Baby, you've got it!

I'm definitely packing my new Venus Embrace razor with me for Florida. It's definitely worthy for it brings smooth legs to a whole new level. I'm just hoping the weather will make it possible to show off.










3 comments:

  1. Will this help in the nick, cut and hemmorage department? I think I'll try it. oxox Rainie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really good article, thank you for sharing, I will always look at the future, too talented.

    ReplyDelete