Monday, February 1, 2010

Sail Away With Loft This Summer

I was recently invited to a blogger/editor's sneak peak preview for Loft's (formerly know as Ann Taylor Loft) Spring/Summer 2010 collection. The event was held at the beautiful and open Industria Superstudio, the super chic industrial space in the Meat Packing District. As I made my way downtown to the event, I called my darling friend Hala. She told me she's never been to any of the Loft stores and had no interest in them. Though I could understand her hesitation, my expectations for the new collection were high. You see, I attended a fashion show for Ann Taylor, Loft's more dressier sister, last fall and was pleasantly surprised with the trendy changes over there. You can read my review of the AT fashion show here.

I was hoping the same pizazz would be found at Loft.




These statement-making dresses are part of the early summer deliveries. I love the "Sailing Ferns Maxi Dress" ($98).

The new Loft collection has a lot of safari influences and chunky jewelry.

Once inside, the music was pumping, champagne was pouring and the clothes, the night's main event, made you feel you were on the shores of St. Tropez or going on some exotic Safari expedition.

The wild prints, playful ruffles and touches of whimsical sparkle all made the sensible, utilitarian basics that Loft is known for more youthful and fun. The colors were lovely shades of muted neutrals, making these separates perfect to wear with one another. It's just so great to see a collection of clothes meant for real women that's so fabulous and fashionable yet totally wearable. The entire collection instantly transported me away from the cold outside to a place that is fabulous and warm.






I looked around the room and saw so many pieces I wanted. But my most favorite one, the look I'll be wearing all summer long, is the shine twist neck top ($49.50) and the sleeveless sequin tank ($49.50) paired with the lean boyfriend chinos ($59.50). The prices are so great, I might even be able to wear this someplace fabulous.

Loft's Spring/Summer 2010 Collection will be hitting the stores starting in March.

If our fashionable First Lady Michelle Obama can wear J. Crew, we can certainly feel great wearing Loft.

I left the party three hours later really digging Loft's new collection. The new designs retained the easy-going, casual nature of the brand, while giving it a fresh, lively look and feel.




8 comments:

  1. They're definitely trying to take that store in a new direction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would certainly buy something from Loft now that they're trying to steer away from the traditionally "dowdy" clothes they used to make. It sort of reminds me of Tory Burch/Kate Spade.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agreed. That's why I said I don't shop there... My impression was that they are "mom-ish" or that you are probably teaching a Sunday school class if wearing their clothes. Guess I need to check it out again...
    Hala

    ReplyDelete
  4. always really liked the loft. Never thought it was too momish. Well maybe a little bit. oxox Rainie

    ReplyDelete
  5. i haven't stepped foot into ann taylor loft for many years...or ann taylor for that matter...it was to "corporate" looking for me...however...during christmas...my girlfriend needed to get a gift...and i went with her...i have to say...i was pleasantly surprised...
    they have definately been working on a new "face" for the store...still have the "corporate" attire...but a lot of fun separates...

    ReplyDelete
  6. The collection looked great! Thanks again for coming with me! The event was a blast! I also can't wait to buy that long black and white dress!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Impressed with your finds! Yay for Spring 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really good article, thank you for sharing, I will always look at the future, too talented.

    ReplyDelete